This cup is formed from the colours borne by the 5th The Queen's Own Regiment throughout the Crimean Campaign. It was presented by Lieutenant Colonel AE Fyler on attaining Command of the Regiment on 31st August 1880. Fragments of The Colour can be seen in the glass ball at the base of the cup. It is hall marked with a Lyon, capital F and a sovereign's head.
Conical metal goblet cased in veneers of wood (possibly taken from the pike of the Colours) with 2 gold bands around it (top & bottom) mounted on a glass ball stem to a veneered base with gold band supported on 3 gold plate Sphinxes. On the body 2 gold shields, one engraved, 'Presented by Lt Col A E Fyler on attaining the Command of the Regiment 31st August 1880', the other is engraved, 'This cup (goblet) is formed from the Colours of the 50th The Queen's Own Regiment carried throughout the Crimea Campaign.