Wooden cup, 50th Queen’s Own Regiment

artefact

This cup is formed from the colours borne by the 5th The Queen's Own Regiment throughout the Crimean Campaign. It was presented by Lieutenant Colonel AE Fyler on attaining Command of the Regiment on 31st August 1880. Fragments of The Colour can be seen in the glass ball at the base of the cup. It is hall marked with a Lyon, capital F and a sovereign's head.