The Ilderton Trophy is an oval shaped bowl with two angel handles surrounded by 4 statuettes which are 6.75 inches high. The statuettes, one at each corner, represent the period dress of 1661, 1750, 1810 and 1887. It was presented to the 2nd Bn The Queen's Own Royal West Surrey Regiment by Lt Col Charles Edward Ilderton DSO in 1894. Ilderton assumed command of the 1st Battalion on 29 September 1890. He retired as a full Colonel on 5 January 1905.
The inscription reads:
PRESENTED TO THE OFFICERS
2nd BATTALION THE QUEEN'S REGIMENT
ON THEIR RETURN FROM FOREIGN SERVICE
23rd February 1894
Lt COL C.E.ILDERTON DSO"