The Battalion has three oak, four legged, rectangular tables, each with the Royal Hampshire's crest carved into the top. There is a magazine/paper tray at mid-level. The Hampshire Regiment was formed in 1881, with the merging of the 37th (North Hampshire) and 67th (South Hampshire) Regiments. Following over half a century's campaigning, the Regiment received its Royal prefix in 1946 following the Second World War. It continued as the Royal Hampshire Regiment, with varying numbers of Regular and Territorial battalions, until its amalgamation with The Queen's Regiment in 1992, a merger which formed The Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment.