4th Volunteer Battalion helmet, Queen's Royal Regiment 1878-1914

artefact

This helmet was worn by other Ranks of the 4th Volunteer Battalion who were based in Lambeth and Southwark and descended from the 19th Surrey Rifle Volunteers and would become 24th Battalion of the London Regiment in 1908 before returning to the Queen’s Royal Regiment in 1937 to become it’s 7th Territorial Army Battalion. Sadly this helmet was destroyed in the Clandon House fire of April 2015.